Through our interactions with you we collect various types of personal data. Some of this data is provided by you directly, and some is collected automatically based on your interactions with our websites, apps, and emails.
You may decline to provide your personal data, however this may affect our ability to provide you with products or services. For example, you should decline to accept wardrobe's first party cookies, we will not be able to add items to your shopping cart. We also require your address and payment details in order to process your order.
The data we collect may include the following:
- Your name and contact information.
- Passwords and security information used for authentication and account access.
- Payment data required to process payments.
- Interaction data about your use of our websites, apps and emails (for example the data on which pages you visit, search queries, add to cart actions, etc.).
- Device data.
- Error reports, access logs and performance data.
Wardrobe uses the data we collect to complete your order and provide a richer shopping experience on our website and email. Specifically we use data for:
- Process and fulfill orders placed through our site.
- Provide customer support when you contact us.
- Improve and develop our site.
- Buy via email and targeted ad campaigns.
- Internal business reporting.
We only process your personal data with your consent or as necessary to fulfill our obligations to you as a customer, to operate our business, to fulfill our contractual and legal obligations and to protect the security of our systems.
We only share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
· When necessary to process your order (for example, sharing your payment details with our payment gateway, Braintree, in order to process your payment, or providing your address and contact details to our shipping courier to deliver your order).
· To ensure the security and stability of our website (for example, we may share error or logging information with Dynatrace, our third party monitoring service, in order to alert us to any technical problems).
· To market to you using trusted third party vendors (for example, with your consent we may share your data with email marketing provider in order to send you our email campaigns).
The primary method of accessing and controlling the personal data we collected is via your wardrobe account. You can at any time request that we delete this data in its entirety by contacting us.
In addition to this you can always opt out of any of our marketing communications at any time:
· You can opt out of our email marketing campaigns by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of our email campaigns.
· You can opt out of our push notifications by adjusting the settings in our native Apps.
We will respect any browser based cookie controls or tracking protection that might be enabled, however we do not currently support the “Do Not Track” feature now present in some web browsers as there is not yet a common understanding of how we should interpret this signal.
If you cannot access or control certain personal data you believe we may have collected, you can always contact us. We will respond to requests to control your personal data within 30 days.
- Remembering your preferred shipping country/currency.
- Remembering which items you have added to your shopping cart.
- Logging you into our website and keeping you logged in across pages.
- To help us prevent fraud.
- Gathering web analytics data to inform us how our visitors are interacting with our website.
- Tracking affiliate program referrals.